Of course, these are just a few examples of some of the wonderfully unique breakfast dishes we serve here at the inn. We are always sampling and experimenting with various flavor combinations and interesting pairings of fresh fruits and vegetables.
As often as possible, and as each season permits, we make every effort to use organic, locally produced fruits and vegetables, artisan breads and cheeses, Maine maple syrup and locally caught seafood.
Each year, we grow and maintain a potted herb garden that supplies us with wonderful Rosemary, Basil, Spearmint , Dill, Parsley, Cilantro, Thyme, Chives & various edible flowers.
Breakfast is served each mornig between 8:00 am – 9:00 am. Fresh, hot coffee is always available by 7:00am.
Our first course begins with a lite sampling of breakfast favorites::
Each morning, guests may help themselves to a sampling of breakfast offerings in the dining room. While each day is different from the next, samplings typically include variations of the following: Our own Vanilla Scented Homemade Granola, flavored yogurts, homemade Biscotti, Sweet Breads, Scones, Muffins or Coffeecake.
A second course of palate-pleasing, unique fruit dishes:
- Chilled Honey Roasted Peach & Cardamom Soup w/ a dollop of vanilla bean creme fraiche
- Broiled Citrus Gratin in a Cinnamon Lime Zest Sauce Sprinkled with Toasted Almonds
- Vanilla Panna Cotta with a Brandied Citrus Sauce & fresh Grapefruit segments
- Fresh Golden Kiwi & Bananas topped with Sweet Toasted Coconut & homemade Creme Anglais drizzle
- Spiced Pomegranate Poached Pears with fresh Mascarpone
- Avocado Strawberry Salad with Toasted Pinenuts & Fresh Mixed Greens
- Raspberry Rose Pots de Creme
- Broiled Figs with Oranges & Sherry Cream
- Chilled Clementines with a homemade Dulce de Leche & toasted Pecans
Our main entrees alternate each day between sweet and savory. Enjoy unexpected combinations of fresh organic vegetables and herbs, delicious cheeses, Maine Maple Syrup & fresh fuits
- Pan fried egg atop roasted Sesame Asparagus with a Rosemary Pancetta
- Breadcrumb topping, fresh Scallions, toasted Pignola Nuts, Heirloom Tomatoes & fresh Parmesan
- Peanut Butter Raspberry Crunch French Toast with fresh Raspberries & Dark chocolate ganache
- Pistou Poached Eggs on Crostini with fresh shaved Parmesan, homemade Basil
- Garlic Pesto, Baby spinach & Black pepper roasted plum tomatoes
- Egg Roulade with carmelized shallots, topped with homemade garlic cream sauce, sugar snap peas, Alfalfa sprouts, toasted walnuts, cherry tomatoes & fresh Maine Crab or Lobster.
- Sour Cream Cardamom Waffles w/ fresh Peaches, fresh Raspberries & Bourbon infused Maine Maple Syrup
- Savory Ployes w/ fresh Cilantro, chopped Scallions, Greek Olives & Sun dried
- Tomatoes & fresh Ricotta cheese
- Warm Belgian Waffles with Chocolate infused Maine Maple Syrup, fresh
- Strawberries, toasted Walnuts & fresh homemade Espresso Cream
- Broccoli, Plum Tomato, Carmelized Shallot Frittata topped with fresh Maine
- Chevre & crispy Garlic Herb Roasted Potatoes